viernes, 27 de julio de 2018

Post 7: Someone I'd like to meet


Hi everyone, today I will write about the person that I would like meet, really I hadn’t thought about this. But in this moment I think in Nina Simone, was an American artist and activist in the civil rights movement, she was born in Tryon (North Carolina, United Stated) in 1933 and died in 2003, so is impossible to meet her. She was a wonderful woman, excellent singer, composer and pianist. I think that she was a complete artist. The musical style of this artist is so wide; she plays soul, classical, jazz, folk, blues and other styles.
The first time when I listen to Nina Simone it was in a movie, called before sunset, when the coprotagonist Jess put a cd. Since then I started listening to it and I investigated about her life, and I loved her because from a very young age, she had to face situations caused by racial discrimination. She was a girl in her first concert in a church, when his parents were removed  from the first round for be black, she refused to play until his parents were moved back to the principal file. Afterwards she  left the classic music for economics problems and approached jazz and blues and she performed at the Midtown Bar & Grill on Pacific Avenue in Atlantic City. Subsequently,  global achievement with one interpretation of "I Loves You, Porgy".
For meet more this great artist you can see one documental called What Happened, Miss Simone?

This is all

Bye


Imagen relacionada

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario